Magnus Sundberg wrote:

Bill Hacker wrote:

Magnus Sundberg wrote:

<snip>
*SNIP*

The closest 'out of the tarball' complete package is Courier-mta.

I understand your opnions about SSL/TLS for pop and imap. But I am quite shure we are evolving in that direction.

For SMTP, I do not agree, this is an MTA issue, that the standard distributions ship their MTAs without SSL/TLS support is unfortunate.

??? Nowadays, the better/most commonly used of the "standard distributions" in the *BSD ports tree seem to all have at least ESMTP STARTTLS.

*SNIP*

Twisted looks very interesting, please keep at least me informed about your findings.

'Interesting' isn't the half of it! They say it is a 'twisted' concept, but I see some similarity in their event-driven approach:

 "You don't call Twisted - Twisted calls *you*"

..to JOVIAL (AN/FSQ-7) VRTX and QNX. Not easy to get one's 'arms' around the concepts, but it *does* seem to have the 'JFDI' part sorted, even in 'alpha' release.

Regards,

Bill