On 8 Jan 2004, at 16:23, Brian Blood wrote:

On 1/8/04 8:57 AM, "Ilja Booij" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

If anybody disagrees with this: please yell and tell me why :)

I'm willing to do the work to add in table prefixes.

OK Brian, If you're willing to do this:
We need to decide on a design.

1. configurable prefix. I guess the default should be an empty prefix, to default to the current table names. 2. do tablenames also need to configurable like [EMAIL PROTECTED] mentioned in a previous message? If queries get table names from variables, it shouldn't be so hard to make the whole table name configurable.

Problem with configurable table names is, I don't see why one would need this.. Prefixes make sense to me, but completely configurable table names sound like over-complication to me.

Please shoot at my arguments. I think we need some strict requirements on this before Brian gets to work ;)

Ilja
--
IC&S
Stadhouderslaan 57