I think something goes wrong on insertion of messages. I have the feeling that an extra '\r' is included:

I've made a small script that uses IMAP, and I get the following output:

See all those extra '\r's?

I'm now checking if these are also in the database, or that the extra '\r' is added by IMAP.

Ilja

Ilja Booij wrote:

I'm still working on the inclusion of the extra ':' in messages when using IMAP.

What I've found so far is that somehow the parser doesn't find the end of the headers, and sees the beginning of the body as part of the headers, and then includes the line in the body as a header line, adding an empty key and ': ' like this:

'test' becomes ': test'

I'm trying to find out why DBMail sees 'test' as part of the headers.

IMHO, we cannot release dbmail rc4 before this is fixed

Ilja

Aaron Stone wrote:

Looking at the list of bugs in 2.0rc3, I think we're in good shape for 2.0rc4:

    Before the final release of DBMail 2.0, there are some things
    we still need to resolve:
    - dbmail-lmtp has an error which sends it out of sync with the
      lmtp-client from the MTA after receiving more then 1 message

Ilja figured out the parts of the LMTP RFC that I had misinterpreted, and I
wrote the patches to fix it.

    - Connections with Mozilla are flakey

Ilja figured this one out and fixed it; CVS has been working well for me.

    - Some database queries and indexes have to be optimized

I just got rid of half a dozen queries during message insertion :-)

    - The MD5 calculation we use does not work on AMD Opteron systems

Leif Jackson helped me to track down the wordsize and endianness problems.

Was there anything else on anybody's mind that needed fixing? Especially given my changes in the delivery/sorting layer and Ilja's changes to IMAP, 2.0rc4
should probably go out pretty soon to get some more user testing!

Aaron