I wonder what message dbmail-smtp should send to the MTA when the header is to big: EX_DATAERR?

EX_TEMPFAIL does not seem like the right messages, but I wonder if EX_DATAERR would be understood by the MTA.

Any ideas?

Ilja

Ilja Booij wrote:

for now I'll go for bouncing messages with ueberlong headers. Later on, we'll have to decide on a nice strategy to work with longer headers.

Ilja

Aaron Stone wrote:

For the uber-large headers problem, would you rather bounce the message or add the is_header column to the messageblks table and allow for multiple header
blocks? Also, since we currently pass the header around as a single char
array, how would you propose to throttle the memory usage so that someone
cannot DoS the server with garbage jigabyte headers?

Aaron

Ilja Booij <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

Hi,

I'd like to release rc4 tomorrow. Is anybody aware of any showstoppers we have to fix before releasing rc4 other than the ones I'll mention below?

* Headers > 512kB don't work. Messages get dropped.

* code indentation: run indent -i8 -kr (unless anybody wants something completely different :) )

Ilja