On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Ilja Booij wrote:

Larry Rosenman wrote:
[snip]

the following line from the dbmail/Makefile.in:

$(COMPILE) -Wp,-MD,.deps/$(*F).pp -c $<

the -Wp,-MD,.deps/$(*F).pp  options are GCC specific.

I'm not sure what we need to do to generate them portably using
the native toolset.

This is the only remaining issue then. I don't know how to fix this one. Somebody who's autoconf-savvy than I am should be able to fix it.

Thanks for all the changes!

I really appreciate the fast work.

I'm not sure what exactly y'all are doing with the .deps stuff anyway.  If
I remove those options, It compiled.  I'll now re-pull a current CVS
and see what shakes out.

We may still have the issue of the -fomit-frame-pointer option being hardcoded in some Makefiles.

LER