I agree completly.

Dan Weber wrote:
In a release candidate stage this *should not* have been touched. Anyway, I suggest either revoke the prefixes, or implement a customizable prefix now, this is quite annoying, and breaks all of my system scripts among many systems, and systems I have implemented for others.

Dan

Aaron Stone wrote:

I've discussed this to death on the mailing lists. Full configurability is scheduled for 2.1, in the mean time, we ought to begin rolling out some kind
of reasonable prefix.

Third party applications that directly interface with the dbmail tables will just have to be updated to the final 2.0 release specification. Those who've been following CVS and early release candidates know that changes have been
made and should be expected until we hit a final stable release.

Aaron

Dan Weber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

Table prefixes should be specified in the conf files. This way it won't affect users who like it as is.

Dan

Aaron Stone wrote:

Thomas Mueller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

Please note that you will have to rename your tables to add a dbmail_
prefix. I wrote a script to do that, but haven't integrated it into
the sql scripts.

http://dbmail.org/index.php?page=development says that
'Customisable table names/prefixes' are planed for 2.1.

Will you change static 'dbmail_' to a configurable prefix? I for example
have the problem that I use dbmail tables from several other programs
(config GUI, MTA, web server, ftp server, ...) so I can't simply rename
the tables.

It is exactly because of these ancillary applications that I believe we need the prefixes; organizing the tables that belong to DBMail, the tables specific
to your GUI, etc, all in the same database is important from a database
management perspective.

That said, the condideration for 2.1 was that its options should default to whatever hardcoded values were used in 2.0. So if we let 2.0 out the door
without prefixes, then 2.1 would need to default to a prefix of "".
Configurable prefixes will appear in version 2.1 and will default to "dbmail_" unless otherwise specified (at that point, "" will be a valid option, but probably useless since we're pretty much forcing you into table prefixes right
now).

Incidentally, there are three more tables which need their prefixes added in the code: acl, subscription and pbsp. They weren't listed in the tables array so I missed them. I'll fix it this evening and make sure that they're listed someplace in the code so that I can avoid the same mistake during 2.1 devel.

Aaron