Aaron Stone wrote:
The problem right now is that we're trying to get the 2.0 release out, and so
there's basically three threads happening right now:

- Getting 2.0 released without further adieu
- Thawing for a specific set of usability fixes
- Random other stuff

Unfortunately, your compressed messageblks thread is in that third category...

I think it's a really interesting idea, and makes a lot of sense once we have
the headers parsed out as there'd be no reason to search the messageblks, and
indeed no reason to look at them at all unless it's the message you want.

Uhm, howabout imap searches on the messagebodies. They will always require looking at the messageblks. I would prefer defering the actual search to the databaseengine, instead of retrieving and searching each message one by one, as is currently the case.

  Paul Stevens                                  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  NET FACILITIES GROUP                     PGP: finger [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  The Netherlands________________________________http://www.nfg.nl