Severity:                   major
Date Submitted:             24-Jul-04 03:48 CEST
Last Modified:              25-Aug-04 14:16 CEST
The imap is only accepting a single connection from same host at one time,
while if you are behind a nat this can be trouble some.  For more
information I have documented this in my own bts for personal purposes.

Make the email have the following

To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: -F 10

That will spew out information about the report.

 aaron - 29-Jul-04 09:39 CEST
ubject: one connection from same host only

>Number:         10
>Notify-List:
>Category:       dbmail
>Synopsis:       one connection from same host only
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
Linux 2.6 i686
DBMail is only accepting imap connections from the same host one at a
time, this
can have problems if you have users behind nat both with imap accounts.

>How-To-Repeat:
Try opening two different instances of your mail client and see if one
has
problems connecting.

>Fix:
Unknown at this time

>Release-Note:

>Audit-Trail:

>Unformatted:

 danweber - 02-Aug-04 13:19 CEST
This breaks a lot of mail clients, most notably thunderbird and mutt.  I
can have thunderbird open, and be in console and try and open mutt, and
mutt can't connect.  Also Thunderbird can open multiple folders either.

 ilja - 02-Aug-04 14:31 CEST
I'm unable to reproduce this behaviour. Using a server and logging in from
2 separate terminals using telnet does not give any problems.

You should give more information on the problem. E.g. add some logs, show
the same thing using telnet sessions, show your dbmail.conf.

 danweber - 15-Aug-04 19:13 CEST
This bug does still exist, however, only when number of childs are low, and
min childs match number of childs

 ilja - 16-Aug-04 11:08 CEST
I think this is more of a configuration problem than a bug. The only thing
aspect of this that you can consider a bug is that DBMail does not spawn
new server daemons when there are no more idle daemon processes left.
This, however, is more a structural problem than a real bug. It is solved
by a patch made by Paul J Stevens, which will be added to 2.1

Bug History
Date Modified  Username       Field                    Change
24-Jul-04 03:48danweber       New Bug
28-Jul-04 22:09danweber       Priority                 normal => high
28-Jul-04 22:09danweber       Severity                 feature => major
28-Jul-04 22:09danweber       Status                   new => acknowledged
29-Jul-04 09:39aaron          Bugnote Added: 0000124
02-Aug-04 13:19danweber       Bugnote Added: 0000129
02-Aug-04 13:19danweber       Priority                 high => urgent
02-Aug-04 14:31ilja           Bugnote Added: 0000130
04-Aug-04 15:48ilja           Assigned To               => ilja
04-Aug-04 15:48ilja           Status                   acknowledged => assigned
04-Aug-04 15:48ilja           Resolution               open => unable to
duplicate
04-Aug-04 15:48ilja           Status                   assigned => resolved
15-Aug-04 19:13danweber       Bugnote Added: 0000160
15-Aug-04 19:13danweber       Resolution               unable to duplicate =>
reopened
15-Aug-04 19:13danweber       Status                   resolved => feedback
16-Aug-04 11:08ilja           Bugnote Added: 0000162
16-Aug-04 11:08ilja           Resolution               reopened => not a bug
16-Aug-04 11:08ilja           Status                   feedback => resolved
25-Aug-04 14:16ilja           Status                   resolved => closed