Simon,

These both look like a valid bugs. Please file a report for both on the bugtracker and send us your patch for the missing timezone.

String output handling in the imap code is a known issue. I'm working on a massive cleanup of that code. Could you please send me the actual IMAP command send by snappermail so I can add that one to my test-suite?

thanks,

Simon Cocking wrote:
Hi,

I've been trying to get SnapperMail 2.0 (an IMAP client for PalmOS) to play nicely with dbmail (an old v1.2 installation), and it's not been a happy experience.

Firstly, dbmail wasn't outputting a timezone in its INTERNALDATE response, which from my reading of the RFC is mandatory.. although I've never had a problem with an IMAP client disliking that. A quick patch took care of that.

The second problem is that dbmail appears to be including whitespace in its FETCH responses where the RFC prohibits it. Specifically, just before the final ')' in the following:

* 455 FETCH (UID 1195290 FLAGS (\Seen \Deleted \Recent) ENVELOPE ("Sat, 28 Aug 2004 11:34:14 +1000" "Fw: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender" (({8} NIL "foo" "bar.org")) (({8} NIL "foo" "bar.org")) (({8} NIL "foo" "bar.org")) ((NIL NIL "bar" "foo.net")) NIL NIL NIL "<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>") BODY[HEADER.FIELDS (REFERENCES)] {2} INTERNALDATE "28-Aug-2004 11:33:40 +0000" RFC822.SIZE 34071 BODY (("text" "plain" ("charset" "iso-8859-1") NIL NIL "7bit" 957 35)("application" "octet-stream" ("name" "Delivery report.dat") NIL NIL "base64" 536 )

I attempted to fix this one in retrieve_structure() in imaputil.c, but that function writes directly to a filehandle and I'm not familiar enough with the code to figure out how to prevent the trailing space. More accurately, I don't have time to figure it out atm :)

Has this been fixed in a more recent release? If not, I'll attempt to have a crack at it when I get a moment. Unfortunately SnapperMail is extremely particular about the RFCs..

Cheers,
Simon.