I don't think so.. I'm pretty sure that the email client
will just refresh the mailbox it is displaying.. messages
are then sorted by message-id or other if in the view
settings.

We have had this happen in our current configuration cyrus
as messages can sometimes get caught up in amavis running
through filters for a second or so... they just appear and
everthing is fine...

<snip long text>
>   I'm not at all familiar with IMAP, would that cause any
> problems with imap clients, having "old" unique-id's
> popping
  <snip>