one other bit of info i just noticed

When comparing the headers from the two emails (one sent to alias with deliver_to set to procmail, which is then inserted again using dbmail-smtp -m "INBOX" -u <user>, and one sent to deliver_to of the uid of the account), I notice an extra line being added to the end:

From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Tue Oct 5 10: 26:00 2004

Seems Outlook Express is trying to use this as the "From:" that it prints, but not being valid, chokes on it?

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Stilts wrote:

I don't suppose anyone has a workaround/fix for this by chance?

Just some additional info:
I notice that the problem is only occuring when i have the deliver_to set to
!/usr/bin/procmail /etc/procmail_users/<user>.procmailrc
And this is still only displaying incorrectly in Outlook Express.

Attached are a couple files. Both are log snips of dbmail_smtp with trace = 5. one log shows the message coming in where it is delivered to procmail, then reinserted, and the other, is to an alias that has a direct deliver_to, to the user.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like me to include.

Thanks,
Dan

Aaron Stone wrote:

Paul J Stevens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

Ok so probably the mimeparser is adding spurious \r characters
in the string send to the client.
What's your take Aaron?

Yep, it's in the MIME parser. Somewhere, in the MIME parser. Early in the
2.0rc series, I had a fairly elegant and unified mechanism for receiving
messages, but the \r, \r\n, \r\r\n, etc. problems with the MIME parser
forced us to change to much heftier code that handled messages differently
if they came in over the network or from stdin.

Once we move to a more robust MIME parser in 2.1, we'll be able to throw
differently formatted messages at it and get better results. As for 2.0,
we'll just have to figure out a robust hack...

Aaron