Hey Paul,

One thing I noticed when I grabbed the latest CVS build (well, about 11 hours ago), was that my mailboxes would display zero messages and it seemed dbmail-imapd would enter into a loop. I don't know if it is just the fact I am using Thunderbird as my client, or if different clients have different results. I'll grab a TRACE=5 on IMAP and post it here in a few after I recompile and test.

-Dan

Paul J Stevens wrote:

Aaron,

all patches were applied to head of course.

That said: I've setup several patches for 2_0 that have been holding up just fine:

- dynamic preforking.
- dbmysql.c (db_get_result)
- db.c (db_getmailbox)

I can live without the preforking patch in 2_0. It'll be in de debian packages anyway.

The other two are small and very local but remain to be fully tested. For mysql they perform great, but I don't know how the db_getmailbox patch affects postgres performance (if at all).

Aaron Stone wrote:

Paul J Stevens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

Hi all,

I've applied several of the patches discussed to cvs-head:

strip_unique_id: remove unique_id<>'' from queries

Doesn't this also require db_imap_append to be sanitized?

dbmysql: Mikhail's db_get_result speedup

This looks good for 2.0.1, yes?

db_getmailbox: my own speedup of opening mailboxes.

Is this ripe for 2.0.1?

ic_fetch cleanup: I've split _ic_fetch and a lot of code out of
imapcommands.c to imaputil.c and dbmail-imapsession.c

This is clearly HEAD work.

Aaron