""Jesse Norell"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>   A possible use of a "deliver-to" header came up on irc the other
> day - someone wanted to use a program to call dbmail-smtp to deliver
> a message to a user by adding that header in,
> eg. "Deliver-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]".  I don't think the particular
> program could specify the address on the command line, but could put
> it into a header.  I wonder if Eelco (or Roel?) could recall if that
> was the original intention of those headers.  If so, at least for
> auto_reply, it probably should look for both to determine who the
> message was sent to.

Yes! Right! I remember! Ok, run dbmail-smtp -h. Take a look at the help:

lucite root # dbmail-smtp -h
*** dbmail-smtp ***
Use this program to deliver mail from your MTA or on the command line.
See the man page for more info. Summary:

     -t [headerfield]   for normal deliveries (default is "delivered-to")
     -d [addresses]     for delivery without using scanner

Ok, now it says "delivered-to" which doesn't ring a bell at all. So this
must have been changed along with the patch. But yes, you're exactly
right, there was a good intention behind "Deliver-To:"

Aaron