Severity:                   feature
Date Submitted:             17-Sep-04 22:26 CEST
Last Modified:              22-Nov-04 15:05 CET
I have created a patch that adds the dbmail tables for Mysql and the
associated db layer code to allow for the compilation and the start of
testing sieve to at least allow others to help out on this. I want to get
it into current cvs so I don't have to patch it each time myself :) This
patch should keep others from having to to do duplicate work if they would
like to help Aaron and I finish up sieve.

 aaron - 18-Sep-04 01:30 CEST
Looks really good. Is that a forward-port of my database code or did you
write it from scratch? Since Sieve has primarily been my project, I can be
in charge of committing this patch, unless Ilja or Paul want to dig into
Sieve a bit...

If this works with the most recent release of libSieve, then it's a very
good place to begin working and to tease out the problems with the
libSieve API and get them fixed :-)

 ljackson - 18-Sep-04 03:19 CEST
wrote it from scratch, there wasn't any sql code to speak of for sieve that
I could find. This is what I got as the most recent libSieve from cvs on
050404. Which appears to be 2.2.0pre4. I am hoping that at least since it
will allow dbmail head to compile the base sieve code we can at least
start hashing out where to go next..etc.

 aaron - 18-Sep-04 03:44 CEST
Wow, cool. I had already written database code, but IIRC (not on my dev box
this week) I wrote it back when DBMail's database code was two fully
separate MySQL and PostgreSQL codebases. So, probably better that you
wrote new stuff rather than me trying to get my old stuff to compile.
Leif, you rock!

 ljackson - 18-Sep-04 03:49 CEST
yeah I am attaching the minor changes I did to your currently available cvs
on the libsieve2 sourceforge site. As you can see they are stubs and not
the real functions that dbmail needs. At least we can get going on your
libsieve again, rember I asked you to see if you could find your updates
that you didn't get into libsieve cvs?

thx

 ljackson - 24-Sep-04 20:09 CEST
Aaron any chance of getting this patch in to CVS head? Kinda want to start
from there once it is merged.

Thanks,
Leif

 aaron - 31-Oct-04 13:16 CET
Sorry it took me so long, but the first patch is now in DBMail HEAD.

 aaron - 21-Nov-04 02:05 CET
Curse you, lynx! Just deleted the libSieve patch while trying to download
it to a dev box. Umm, Leif, you wouldn't happen to have another copy,
would you?

Does Mantis really delete files with just one mis-click?!

 aaron - 22-Nov-04 15:05 CET
Paul saved the day with a copy of the patch. Ilja enabled anonymous login
to Mantis, which allowed me to get at the bug from trusty^Wcrusty old lynx
without delete rights. Phew.

Bug History
Date Modified  Username       Field                    Change
17-Sep-04 22:26ljackson       New Bug
17-Sep-04 22:26ljackson       File Added: dbmail-2.1cvs091504-sieve.diff

18-Sep-04 01:30aaron          Bugnote Added: 0000271
18-Sep-04 03:19ljackson       Bugnote Added: 0000272
18-Sep-04 03:44aaron          Bugnote Added: 0000273
18-Sep-04 03:49ljackson       Bugnote Added: 0000274
18-Sep-04 03:49ljackson       File Added: libsieve2-cvs091704_to_2.2.0pre4.diff

24-Sep-04 20:09ljackson       Bugnote Added: 0000278
15-Oct-04 18:27aaron          Assigned To               => aaron
15-Oct-04 18:27aaron          Status                   new => assigned
31-Oct-04 13:16aaron          Bugnote Added: 0000327
21-Nov-04 02:02aaron          File Deleted:
libsieve2-cvs091704_to_2.2.0pre4.diff
21-Nov-04 02:05aaron          Bugnote Added: 0000361
22-Nov-04 15:01aaron          File Added: libsieve2-cvs091704_to_2.2.0pre4.diff

22-Nov-04 15:05aaron          Bugnote Added: 0000364