> > > As a little status update, I now have 13.000 mail in the database
> > > consuming about 1.2GB mailbox space and 1.5GB total db size on disk.
> > > Delivery is getting a little slower than initally too, averaging 70mail
> > > per minute now. (Again: Untweaked setup)
> >
> > It would be interesting to see how many mails can be inserted if the
> > mails are inserted in one transaction, should be a lot more.
> > If it's only a testbox: could you try cvs head to see the difference?
>
> Hmm..  I managed to actually crash the disk in that poor server..
> I'll have a try at getting my scripts out of it tomorrow, but I'm not
> quite sure I'll get it to work again. It's only a weeks worth of work
> between those on disk and the backup, so it isn't a huge loss =)

Linux software raid rocks - and a second HDD is much cheaper than one
weak of work :)

> I might get the box reinstalled tomorrow or later this week, but in
> order to test out HEAD i'll need a cvs snapshot. We don't have those
> on the webpages I think.

Is it possible to put daily snapshots in a directory? Maybe rotate
several days snap-041123.tgz and keep the last 5 or 10 days.
Otherwise I can send you a checkout (tell me when so it's brandnew).

Thomas
--
http://www.tmueller.com for pgp key (95702B3B)