Aaron Stone wrote:
Not to crash your crash party, but please make sure to file a bug soon so
that we don't forget about this issue until the last minute before 2.0.2.

Meanwhile, I've been keeping an eye on runaway imapd's, and I actually
have quite a lot of them. Just happens that I'm on a dual processor
machine with only a few users, so I don't usually feel the slowdown.

Aaron,

We really need to fix this looping issue. I've been seeing it as well on and off on one of my machines. And mysql's logs start eating disks like hell when this happens.

I'm having that machine send me sms messages and set an at job to restart dbmail when it happens so I can go and attach a gdb to the runaway process, but it's not happening often to do me much good.

It's always perform_imap_search that looping, but I haven't been able to get a real handle on it.

The list.c cleanup and memsetting newset has helped a little it seems. But not enough.

I need automatic backtraces....

  Paul Stevens                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  NET FACILITIES GROUP                     GPG/PGP: 1024D/11F8CD31