Wolfram A. Kraushaar wrote:
But then when a FETCH UID FLAGS (\Recent) is issued *after* a select, nothing will be returned.

New messages inserted *after* the SELECT Command will be returned,
won't they? AFAIU this is the intention of RECENT: to notify the client about *new* arrived messages within a session. They aren't new anymore if the client already has been told about new arrived messages in the answer to SELECT.

FETCH UID FLAGS (\Recent) returning nothing right after
the SELECT would IMHO be RFC-compliant (if no message has been inserted in the meantime). For unread messages the \Seen flag would be used anyway.

The select command doesn't return the list of recent uids, only the number of
recent messages.

But I've already fixed this bug along the lines I've outlined earlier.

  Paul Stevens                                  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  NET FACILITIES GROUP                     PGP: finger [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  The Netherlands________________________________http://www.nfg.nl