From: Paul J Stevens <dbmail-dev@dbmail.org>

<snip>
> What I like about the yukatan approach is that it tries to make searches on
very common headers as cheap and
> fast as possible. It does this by going one step beyond separate header
storage: preparse certain headers for
> common attributes: the in-reply-to and references headers will be used for
threading. These headers contain
> one or more message-id header values, which are stored separately.

  Isn't this exactly what the header/message cache will do, as well?  With
a nice, generic setup, I had hoped to do exactly that - cache the In-Reply-To
and References headers to enable quick/easy message threading in weDBmail.
I guess I was just wondering if this whole thread was in reguard to
simultaneously implimenting per-message caching as well as improved header
storage, or if there're two means to the same end being developed.

--
Jesse Norell
jesse @ kci.net