Hi,

> >I don't consider it silly to have one table with ALL valid email
> >addresses, so you don't have to do double lookups.

If that is required for external software it can easily be done with a
view that contains dbmail_aliases and dbmail_users.

> Furthermore, I consider it a feature not to automatically deliver to
> users. This allows you to close accounts gracefully: By removing the
> alias, you stop mail delivery. But users can still get (and backup)
> their old emails via POP or IMAP.

I disagree for several reasons:
- that can't be done in 2.0.x: everyone with [EMAIL PROTECTED] users and
  no aliases wouldn't get mail after an upgrade
- there is no difference between a forgotten alias and a closed account
  at database level
- the sender doesn't see a difference for disabled and missing
  accounts in the DSN (important if it's only temporarily disabled)

The clean way to close accounts would be to add a column for that to the
database.

Thomas
--
http://www.tmueller.com for pgp key (95702B3B)