On Sat, May 7, 2005, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

> The following bug has been SUBMITTED.
> http://www.dbmail.org/mantis/bug_view_advanced_page.php?bug_id=0000200

> if no mime headers are found in incomming lmtp message, lmtp hangs
> instead of returning error.
>
> May  7 10:06:55 sanatana dbmail/lmtpd[46815]: mime_readheader(): no valid
> mime h
> eaders found
> May  7 10:06:55 sanatana kernel: May  7 10:06:55 sanatana
> dbmail/lmtpd[46815]: m
> ime_readheader(): no valid mime headers found

The only thing I can figure is that the message is totally malformed and
never ends in ".\r\n", which is what discard_client_input() expects to see
before returning. What we can do is to print back the error message
*before* calling discard_client_input(), and to add arguments to
discard_client_input() telling it about some possible "OK" responses the
client might send to indicate that it understood the error message.

Aaron