On Mon, May 9, 2005, Geo Carncross <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
said:

>> The only thing I can figure is that the message is totally malformed and
>> never ends in ".\r\n", which is what discard_client_input() expects to see
>> before returning. What we can do is to print back the error message
>> *before* calling discard_client_input(), and to add arguments to
>> discard_client_input() telling it about some possible "OK" responses the
>> client might send to indicate that it understood the error message.
>
> Have lmtpd yell real loud with an error if it sees a bare "\n" (one not
> preceded by a "\r") and die immediately.
>
> Real LMTP clients won't do that, and you can catch 'em real quick that
> way...

I wonder if the bug reporter's LMTP is sitting in a loop waiting for
feof() on the socket and not reading anything. That would certainly cause
LMTP to hang following the last error message he reported. I thought that
sockets do report EOF when they are open, but no more data to be read.
Right?

Aaron