On Sun, May 15, 2005, Kevin Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Geo Carncross wrote:

>> > I think to be pedantically correct, this should be UTC, not GMT.  I
>> > seem to recall that they're not completely equivalent.
>>
>> UTC doesn't honor leap seconds. I don't know of any other (earthly) time
>> zone that doesn't, so I still maintain GMT is better for dbmail.
>
> Ah, right.
>
> Well, if the other timezones adjust for leap seconds, then they do so
> relative to UTC, right?  So if dbmail needs to truly be timezone
> agnostic, then it should use UTC, yes?  The clients can then figure
> out what adjustments to make to the dates that are presented to them
> based on their local timezone.

Not to discount the value of this discussion, but in the present moment we
need to figure out a proper fix for the bug described above that does not
compromise the dates which have already been entered into people's
databases, or is at least distinct from those dates so that a dbmail-util
function can be written that will correct errant dates from previous
versions.

Aaron