Brandon,

why reinvent the wheel here? Either use imap where access is restricted
to your client, or build a client that links directly to libdbmail.

Please take not that 2.1 development is under way, and the tables will
change a bit here and there as we add new features or improve
performance. Imap is very much the interface of choice until we manage
to make libdbmail a truly shareable library, and provide cross language
interfaces to the data storage.