Geo Carncross wrote:
> I know we talked about this earlier, but I think for 2.2 we need to make
> it possible to have multiple queries- we talked about it per database
> layer, but why not a global conformance level setting?
>
> DB_CAN_VIEW
> DB_CAN_TRIGGER
> DB_CAN_SUBSELECT
> DB_CAN_FOREIGNKEY
> (etc)
>
> and select the appropriate query at that point?

Hmm...if you're going to do that, perhaps it would be better to just
put the queries and the immediate logic that goes around them into the
db-specific code files.  Then it's a matter of making the proper
function calls from the db-independent code.

Might be more work keeping things synchronized as development
proceeds, but you'd be able to use all the capabilities of whatever
backend you're talking to without fear.  In fact, if you did this
right, you could make the backend representation at the table level
completely different between databases if that proved to be
advantageous.

--
Kevin Brown                                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]