Wait, but:

   if (config_get_value("trace_level", service_name, trace_level) < 0)
            trace(TRACE_FATAL, "%s,%s: error getting config!",
                  __FILE__, __func__);

Oh, cute:

/* FIXME: Always returns 0, which is dandy for debugging. */
int config_get_value(const field_t field_name,

Guess this should be part of the trace cleanup project, too... ;-)

Aaron