Hey Aaron,

I wanted to give you a heads up. We were hoping to use
DBMail in production for one of our clients but had to use
a Cyrus Kolab implementation in the interest of time.

They just really needed the Sieve functionality for various
mailrules including but not limited to vacation.

So I won't be using DBMail on this client. I'd still love
to use it in the future, but this removes our immediate
need for Sieve functionality.

However, I see that you have been doing a good bit of work
recently... and know that I put up $1k. Could we just call
it $500. This will help me out since I won't really be
using DBMail and will still get you some compensation for
all your hard work.

Let me know... sorry about this, I was trying to get the
cleint to hold off, but got in a situation where if I
didn't execute they were gonna bail on me. Unfortuantely
they just don't really hear it when I explain just how cool
DBMail is.

- Kevin

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sieve-vacation-05.txt

> > > ?? I'm reading ... it goes way beyond the vacation(1)
> solution;
> > > featurism at large.
> > >
> > > I guess my point is that as important vacation may
> be, it's not top priority.
> >
> > It's high up for me ;-)  The only thing I need to make
> vacation work is
> > a table to store (message hash, last reply) tuples. I
> didn't see the
> > replycache table. I'll take a look at that.
> >
> > Ok, it's got:
> >
> >   to_addr varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
> >   from_addr varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
> >   lastseen datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00
> 00:00:00',
> >
> > That's good enough! The "message hash" is whatever will
> distinctively
> > identify a recipient so that they don't get hammered
> with vacation
> > replies. The to_addr works nicely.
> >
> > I see a lot of code in pipe.c, send_reply(), for
> getting the addresses
> > parsed out of the message and then sending the reply.
> I'd like to
> > centralize some of that code so that send_reply,
> send_notification,
> > send_vacation and perhaps send_bounce (if we reinstate
> some bounce code)
> > could be mostly just wrappers around one chunk of code.

> the two could
> > >
> > > auto_reply does implement rate-limiting, but the
> minimal reply interval is
> > > hard-coded (db.c, +4290) and tracked in the
> dbmail_replycache table.
> > >
> > > Additional parameters such as 'days' can easily be
> stored per auto_reply row, to
> > > allow overriding it per auto_reply.
> >
> > The days parameter comes from the Sieve script.
> >
> > > And we could expand the replycache table to store all
> replies sent, not just the
> > > last.
> >
> > Not needed.
> >
> > Aaron