The following issue has been RESOLVED.
http://www.dbmail.org/mantis/view.php?id=464
Reported By:                dirixmjm
Assigned To:                paul
Project:                    DBMail
Issue ID:                   464
Category:                   Authentication layer
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   major
Date Submitted:             02-Dec-06 10:15 CET
Last Modified:              16-Dec-06 11:24 CET
Hi,

I expected login to fail, but somehow succeed.

I have dbmail_usermap as follow:
 login |       sock_allow        | sock_deny |     userid
-------+-------------------------+-----------+-----------------
ANY   | inet:10.0.0.6:110       |           | [EMAIL PROTECTED]

All users are in the database as this user: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Now I try to login with pop, and username admintmp. This works very well,
namely
admintmp is changed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and the user is authenticated.

However now I try to connect with imap, *without* changing the above
dbmail_usermap.
One would think loggin in with only admintmp would fail, but it doesn't.
admintmp also get's extended with foo.com, and authentication works as
with pop.

This is strange behaviour not?
To be sure:

#dbmail-users -l admintmp
Nothing found searching for [admintmp].
Command failed.

 paul - 16-Dec-06 11:24
revision 2398

Issue History
Date Modified   Username       Field                    Change
02-Dec-06 10:15 dirixmjm       New Issue
16-Dec-06 10:33 paul           Status                   new => assigned
16-Dec-06 10:33 paul           Assigned To               => paul
16-Dec-06 11:24 paul           Note Added: 0001690
16-Dec-06 11:24 paul           Fixed in Version          => 2.2.2
16-Dec-06 11:24 paul           Status                   assigned => resolved
16-Dec-06 11:24 paul           Resolution               open => fixed