> On Dienstag 15 September 2009 Jorge Bastos wrote:
> > IMAPD crashed, and when I go to start him this happen.
>
> Then the diff seems that the TCP connections are not closed on crash in
> the one version, while the other does. Or the crash happens in a
> different path, leaving the connections open.
>
> Either way, half-open TCP connections prevent the daemon from being
> able
> to connect to the port. So it's not a problem of starting, but a
> problem
> of leaving TCP connections open on exit.

Makes all sense!

Anyway, when on Jon tree, and when IMAPD crashed this didn't happened.
So changes on Paul's tree make it leave the connections open instead of
reset them.
One way or another IMAPD end's up by starting, it's just that it will only a
few minutes after the crash depending on the number of pending connections.