I haven't even indexed my database, and with about 100 users, it's works
fine. I notice no slowing at all, and most of my users use SquirrelMail to
interface via IMAP, so I would think that would aggrevate the problem. I'm
running Redhat 7.2, postfix, dbmail (cvs as of last week), mysql 4.0.2 on
a 900 mhz pentiumIII with 256 megs -o- ram. (along with apache, and
proftpd for the clients)

It's all running smooth.

-Micah