I'm trying to verify the expected bahaviour of dbmail in respect to return-path headers.

My current setup is postfix->amavis->spamassassin->postfix->tmda->postfix->dbmail-lmtp and then I pickup the mail with Mozilla Thunderbird via imap.

I'm fairly certain that the return-path header is intact when the message is passed into dbmail-lmtp (because tmda with throw an error if no return-path is present).

However, then I "view headers" on my message in Thunderbird, there is no return-path present.

I'm trying to figure out if dbmail is killing the return-path (dbmail-lmtpd? dbmail-imapd?).

Upon closer inspection, I do have this header (Thunderbird: view->source):
From - Thu Dec 30 13:40:21 2004

Which seems like something gone wrong. I pulled a message from the database using mysqlclient and there is, in fact, no return-path.

Dbmail should preserve the return-path right?