Peter Rabbitson wrote:

Hi,

There is a raging memory leak in dbmail-imapd that manifests itself
after about an hour of heavy usage (imapsync on huge mailboxes). Once
the leak awakes it grows at about 200k per _second_. I have reproduced
it numerous times during the last three days. What information/debuging
output shall I provide to help you guys zap this one?

Just a quick 'me too' posting.

When I migrated from courier-imap to dbmail ( via imapsync ) I had what could only be described as a major catastrophe when dbmail-imampd consumed all the server's memory and the kernel started killing processes, starting with mysqld!

I have a cron job that restarts dbmail-imapd every 2 hours ( a little on the paranoid side, but occasionally people do move massive amounts of email into / out of shared folders ). You have to be *very* careful when doing large amounts of mail handling, for example imapsync.

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer