On Donnerstag, 6. Dezember 2007 Michael Monnerie wrote:
> I was searching for performance issues, and found something very
> strange. We have postgreSQL on one host, dbmail on another, so
> connections to/from the DB are on the network. I installed a new
> dbmail instance, where only I am connected. I use imapsync to sync
> from a local server account to an account on the new dbmail instance.
>
> My PC generated 16MB IMAP traffic to the server, and dbmail on port
> 5432 to the database 600MB (!) so far. It's still far from being
> finished, and looks to me as if something does not work correctly. I
> use "iptraf" to monitor the traffic on the dbmail server directly.
> Any ideas what could cause that lot of DB traffic?

Did nobody ever see this? Also, I use imapsync to sync a 6GB mail
account from a LAN-local cyrus imap to dbmail over an internet
connection. Most e-mails are already there, but it takes *hours* to
have one run of imapsync over the whole account. Has anybody got such a
big account to sync, and does it take *that* long for you too?

mfg zmi
// Tel: 0676/846 914 666                      .network.your.ideas.
// Fingerprint: EA39 8918 EDFF 0A68 ACFB  11B7 BA2D 060F 1C6F E6B0
// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net                   Key-ID: 1C6FE6B0