D Hill wrote:

would store spam into a folder within the INBOX called 'Spam' where the X-Spam-Flag is YES.

The problem with this approach is that sieve scripts are per user only. So you'd have to create a script for each user. One could make a simple bash/perl/whatever script that inserts and updates all the users' scripts, but you won't be able to offer the custom sieve functionality to them.

I think global or per domain sieve scripts were were planned by Aaron, I'm not sure. And he doesn't have much time to work on dbmail now, so I wouldn't count on this for the near future.

As a work around I use plused mailboxes. I'm using dspam and it is instructed to deliver identified spam to [EMAIL PROTECTED] instead of simply [EMAIL PROTECTED] Which means all spam is delivered to the user's folder named spam.

The drawback is that all users must have a folder named "spam" and they can't change it's name or delete it. I guess one could apply some ACL's so that users wouldn't be able to mess with the folder, I have not looked into it.

In dbmail.conf you'll need:

# Use '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' format to deliver to a mailbox.
SUBADDRESS = yes

I have a nightly script which checks that all users have a folder named spam and also deletes messages older than a month from that folder.

A bit more info on my setup is here: http://www.dbmail.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dbmail_cplogs

HTH,

--
Aleksander Kamenik