Pavel Kislinger wrote:
> Sorry for my bad question. It was caused by knowledge of five other IMAP
> servers, where delete on a message in folder (via thunderbird or any
> other) implicate real delete in mailbox (without expunge).

Pavel, unless I misread rfc3501 completely delete on a message in a folder never
implies a 'real' delete. It is always about setting a flag on a message. There
simply is no *delete message* command in IMAP. I _seriously_ doubt
dovecot/uw-imapd/courier/cyrus etc do this.

> Is there any way, how to set status=2 correctly? (without users compact
> folders capability).
> Something like autocompact folder planed in cron.

update dbmail_messages set status=2 where deleted_flag=1;

But this will break IMAP compatibility since imap clients that are connected
during this query won't receive an EXPUNGE response as also required by the rfc.

  Paul Stevens                                      paul at nfg.nl
  NET FACILITIES GROUP                     GPG/PGP: 1024D/11F8CD31
  The Netherlands________________________________http://www.nfg.nl