On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 20:54:09 +0200, Michael Monnerie
<michael.monne...@is.it-management.at> wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have vacation via sieve scripts in the form of:
>
> require "vacation";
> vacation :days 5
> :subject "Abwesenheitsnotiz"
> "Danke für Ihre Nachricht."
>
> Now we have a customer who have a lot of alias domains. They get mail to
> x...@dom1.at and that's place to x...@dom-real.at. I just found that sieve
> then does NOT reply to messages for that alias.
>
> In this discussion
> http://objectmix.com/imap/201068-sieve-vacation-addresses-wildcards.html
> they say it's a must to setup all alias addresses, is that true for
> dbmail also or is there a workaround?

There is a search for "is this message actually addressed to me?" -- an
important error case being mailing lists that get spammed by people's
autoresponders. I can't think of a good workaround to offer you off the
cuff.

> I must say that we rewrite alias domains in postfix already, so dbmail
> only sees x...@dom-real.at, not x...@dom1.at (where the people send mail to).
> Looks like sieve vacation doesn't see the envelope, but the content of
> the mail "To:" header. So I guess it won't work on BCC: received mails
> too?

I'm pretty sure that Bcc is specifically excluded for the obvious privacy
implications of the Bcc.

Aaron