> Yes i'm sure, imapsync shows something like the following while
> connecting
> IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR SORT THREAD=REFERENCES MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT LITERAL
> + IDLE CHILDREN
> NAMESPACE LOGIN-REFERRALS UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 STARTTLS
> AUTH=LOGIN AUTH=PLAIN
> AUTH=CRAM-MD5 AUTH=DIGEST-MD5 AUTH=NTLM
>
> You can place anything in "capability" in the configuration
> The Problem is that it is not really working if the server does not
> support, but you force
> the client to use features that will fail
>
> Sometimes i would like to die :-)
> We have hundrets of accounts and since the migration the whole day
> there are users with
> non-working clients and we have to explain every single user that he
> should change the
> authentication

well, sorry to hear that, but there are always some catchyas in
migrations, right?
I am aware you could put anything there, even if there is no support
in the software.
So well, not sure what dbmail supports, as I couldn´t find anything in
the wiki.
Maybe you could dig something up going through the sources?

But well, if you have changed already the config parameter
accordingly, I guess
dbmail doesn´t support the one way you need for your Mac clients.

by the way: which one is set in those Mac Mail clients?

greetings,
Daniel