On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 11:34 +0100, Daniel Schütze wrote:
> Tomas
>
> I'm not entirely sure what you mean, both SquirrelMail and Roundcube list
> all the folders on the left side when the user logs in.  There's not much in
> it as to the loading time between them when selecting one of these folders,
> but SquirrelMail does take a long time to get to the initial screen if there
> are a lot of folders.
>
> If there is an obvious user or config option I'm missing which boosts
> SquirrelMail performance with a lot of folders I'd love to hear about it!
> Afterall the users don't tend to care about the contents of these subfolders
> when they're out and about.

  In some quick testing, Options->Folder Preferences->

Enable Unread Message Notification:  No Notification
Enable Cumulative Unread Message Notification:  (uncheck)

seem to speed up the left folder list for me, at the cost of not knowing
how many new messages are in each folder.  That didn't speed up the
right pane of the actual folder contents any.  Nor does removing the
Size column, for that matter.

--
Jesse Norell
Kentec Communications, Inc.