>> Yes, this could be done. The problem is that Wikipedia is huge, and
>> there are tens of thousands of properties covering all sorts of
>> domain. Hence we would need either an automated approach to find those
>> duplicated properties, or lots of volunteers who go through the
>> dataset and find them manually.
>
> Presumably it's possible to put in a SPARQL query to find all the
> properties that have been used?  All the properties that relate to
> people?

How would you know which properties related to people - you can find all
the properties for something that is a person but that doesn't mean they
apply *just* to people ?

> I'm coming into this from a historical perspective (specifically
> museums), and my interest would be in sorting out the properties which
> relate to:
>
>   - people
>   - places
>   - events
>   - dates
>   - [museum] objects
>
> Would this be a manageable subset?  If so, I'm willing to help.

Me too, we've been doing some work in this area and have some properties
which we think define people and companies (places next).

Whats the best way to go about getting this info into dbpedia ?

Rob

  It