Dear Gunnar;

Thanks for your answer.
===
2. Add this data to the dbpedia data, and have it published on
http://dbpedia.org - I guess this is not trivially possible. DBPedia is
mainly from wikipedia, but including a few other sources.
=====
I meant the option 2.
I was wondering that theremight be a way to publish the geopoliltical ontology
into DBPeida. : )
If you know how the other sources were added into the DBPedia, could you
introduce it to me?

=======
.e. countries have properties like:
<codeDBPediaID
rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string";>Turks_and_Caicos_Islands</codeDBPediaID>
This means that for option 1, you have already done the hard conceptual
work (i.e. figuring out what countries match). However, you have
published it in your own crazy way that noone else understands :)
The link should be a resource (i.e. URI) not a literal (i.e. string).
It could for instance be:
<owl:sameAs
rdf:resource="http://dbpedia.org/resource/Turks_and_Caicos_Islands"; />
============
Thanks for your comments on it. There is a reason why we are using just
DBPediaID instead of owl:sameAs. I keep maintaining the geopolitical ontology
as OWL DL. If I am using owl:sameAs in OWL DL syntax, then I need to import the
assigned rdf:resource (i.e.
http://dbpedia.org/resource/Turks_and_Caicos_Islands) into the geopolitical
ontology. As you know, importing all DBPedia resources is not easy to handle,
since the geopolitical ontology itself is over 5MB. That's why I think it is
better to use Literal *FOR NOW*. However, thanks for your comments again!

Best Regards,
Soonho Kim

Best Regards,
Soonho Kim