Dear Soonho,

I didn't see that the topic was renamed, so I also answered in another
post. Here are some additions:

Am 11.08.2010 15:40, schrieb Kim, Soonho (OEKM):
> Dear Gunnar;
>
> Thanks for your answer.
> ===
> 2. Add this data to the dbpedia data, and have it published on
> http://dbpedia.org - I guess this is not trivially possible. DBPedia is
> mainly from wikipedia, but including a few other sources.
> =====
> I meant the option 2.
> I was wondering that theremight be a way to publish the geopoliltical
> ontology into DBPeida. : )
> If you know how the other sources were added into the DBPedia, could you
> introduce it to me?

As I wrote, there should be a system to upload and maintain data sets.
As far as I know, there currently is no such system and none is planned
currently (@all: correct me, if I am mistaken). All other sources where
added manually, which was a good way in the beginning, where there have
been only few datasets. This does not scale up however, as there could
be a potentially large amount of mappings, which need to be maintained
frequently.
> Thanks for your comments on it. There is a reason why we are using just
> DBPediaID instead of owl:sameAs. I keep maintaining the geopolitical ontology
> as OWL DL. If I am using owl:sameAs in OWL DL syntax, then I need to import
> the assigned rdf:resource (i.e.
> http://dbpedia.org/resource/Turks_and_Caicos_Islands) into the geopolitical
> ontology. As you know, importing all DBPedia resources is not easy to handle,
> since the geopolitical ontology itself is over 5MB. That's why I think it is
> better to use Literal *FOR NOW*. However, thanks for your comments again!

Even if they are URIs, there is no need to import anything. If the you
use a owl:sameAs link and there is no other data available, then it will
not affect anything. In other words, every application has the choice to
import or not import additional data.

Regards,
Sebastian

Dipl. Inf. Sebastian Hellmann