On 5/24/11 8:30 AM, Mohamed Morsey wrote:
> Hi Sarasi,
>
> I've performed that query with limit 1000, and it worked on one of our
> local endpoints, and it ended within 3 minutes.
> So I guess that the maximum time allowed for a query on the official
> endpoint is relatively low, but the query itself is executable with limit.
>
> Hope that helps.

All,

If we want to have a live DBpedia endpoint that serves the whole world,
we have to have it configured in such a way that it forces use of OFFSET
and LIMIT.

We are very experienced with DBMS oriented data exposed to massive
concurrent users, and this stems to periods prior to the pervasive Web
of today, thus we've configured the DBpedia SPARQL endpoint with this
experience in hand.

Once again, the DBpedia endpoint is for everyone, so we deliberately
protect against inconsiderate use e.g. attempting to get massive results
sets in single query passes at the expense of others.

Also remember, you can make application or service specific instances of
the DBpedia SPARQL endpoint via a number of offerings on EC2 if you seek
hassle free reconstruction of DBpedia.

Links:

1. http://blog.dbpedia.org/2011/01/31/dbpedia-36-ami-available/ .

--