Hi Kalpa,

Have you tuning your Virtuoso instance to take advantage of the 32GB of
available RAM as detailed at:

http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VirtRDFPerformanceTuning

I suspect you are running out of allocated memory for the Virtuoso server as
the NumberOfBuffers param is low by default and need to be increase to match
the available memory as indicated in the above document. Run the “status(‘’);”
command from isql to see the status of the server in particular the number of
buffers available to ensure the setting has taken effect.

Best Regards
Hugh Williams
Professional Services
OpenLink Software, Inc.      //              http://www.openlinksw.com/
Weblog   -- http://www.openlinksw.com/blogs/
LinkedIn -- http://www.linkedin.com/company/openlink-software/
Twitter  -- http://twitter.com/OpenLink
Google+  -- http://plus.google.com/100570109519069333827/
Facebook -- http://www.facebook.com/OpenLinkSoftware
Universal Data Access, Integration, and Management Technology Providers

On 20 Nov 2012, at 04:21, Gunaratna, Dalkandura Arachchige Kalpa Shashika Silva
wrote:

> Hi,
>    I am loading dbpedia version 3.8 into Virtuoso 6.1. I unzipped the files
> into .gz format and ran ld_dir method in isql mode to load all files in a
> folder (whole dump). Then I am running rdf_loader_run() to process the files.
> I have two questions,
>
>   1. the server is having 32 GB of ram and 8 cores. But still it has taken 2
> days to load half the files. Why is it taking this much time? is it normal?
>

>   2. When I check the status using SELECT * FROM DB.DBA.LOAD_LIST; one file
> has a start timestamp but no end timestamp. Following is the relevant row for
> that file in the output,
>
> /home/kalpa/Virtuoso/data/datasets/dbpedia/3.8/3.8/en/infobox_properties_en.nt.gz
>   http://dbpedia.org
>       1           2012.11.17 2:12.5 0  NULL                 0           NULL
>       NULL
>
>    If I re-load that file only after the other files are processed, will it
> add duplicate tuples or I have to remove that file and then load that file
> only? If so, what is the process to do that?
> If I commit after processing all files are finished (I assume I have to
> commit using command commit WORK; to make changes permanent) and only load
> that infobox_properties_en.nt.gz file only again, is it fine? Please let me
> know some details about these two problems and make the local dbpedia server
> working without any errors. Thank you.
>
> regards,
> kalpa

  • [Dbpedia-discussion]... Gunaratna, Dalkandura Arachchige Kalpa Shashika Silva
    • Re: [Dbpedia-di... Hugh Williams
      • Re: [Dbpedi... Gunaratna, Dalkandura Arachchige Kalpa Shashika Silva
        • Re: [Db... Hugh Williams
          • Re:... Jona Christopher Sahnwaldt
            • ... Jona Christopher Sahnwaldt
              • ... Jona Christopher Sahnwaldt
                • ... Tom Morris
                • ... Gunaratna, Dalkandura Arachchige Kalpa Shashika Silva