Hi Kalpa,

Did you restart your Virtuoso instance having made these changes to enable the
new settings to take effect ? Also please provide a copy of the INI file
changes you have made so we can see what should be reported in the status
output ?

Best Regards
Hugh Williams
Professional Services
OpenLink Software, Inc.      //              http://www.openlinksw.com/
Weblog   -- http://www.openlinksw.com/blogs/
LinkedIn -- http://www.linkedin.com/company/openlink-software/
Twitter  -- http://twitter.com/OpenLink
Google+  -- http://plus.google.com/100570109519069333827/
Facebook -- http://www.facebook.com/OpenLinkSoftware
Universal Data Access, Integration, and Management Technology Providers

On 20 Nov 2012, at 17:50, Gunaratna, Dalkandura Arachchige Kalpa Shashika Silva
wrote:

> Hi Hugh,
>    Yes, I uncommented the lines and commented out the default number of
> buffers before I started the server. I made the changes in virtuoso.ini in
> var/lib/db folder. But following is the status I see when I type status('');
> in isql. I think it is still using 2000 buffers and I do not know why it is
> using the default setting after I have changed the parameters.
>

> OpenLink Virtuoso  Server
> Version 06.01.3127-pthreads for Linux as of Nov 15 2012
> Started on: 2012/11/18 16:10 GMT-300
>
> Database Status:
>   File size 29255270400, 3571200 pages, 760183 free.
>   2000 buffers, 2000 used, 1175 dirty 6 wired down, repl age 429 441 w. io 3
> w/crsr.
>   Disk Usage: 352003762 reads avg 0 msec, 0% r 0% w last  0 s, 198597618
> writes,
>     1311 read ahead, batch = 1.  Autocompact 4406099 in 3148871 out, 28%
> saved.
> Gate:  3381 2nd in reads, 0 gate write waits, 0 in while read 0 busy scrap.
> Log = /home/kalpa/Virtuoso/var/lib/virtuoso/db/virtuoso.trx, 2394315279 bytes
> 1545766 pages have been changed since last backup (in checkpoint state)
> Current backup timestamp: 0x0000-0x00-0x00
> Last backup date: unknown
> Clients: 3 connects, max 2 concurrent
> RPC: 37 calls, 1 pending, 1 max until now, 0 queued, 0 burst reads (0%), 0
> second brk=159555584
> Checkpoint Remap 339966 pages, 0 mapped back. 1997 s atomic time.
>     DB master 3571200 total 760183 free 339966 remap 44104 mapped back
>    temp  256 total 250 free
>
> Lock Status: 0 deadlocks of which 0 2r1w, 105 waits,
>    Currently 3 threads running 0 threads waiting 0 threads in vdb.
> Pending:
>
> 23 Rows. -- 2234 msec.

  • [Dbpedia-discussion]... Gunaratna, Dalkandura Arachchige Kalpa Shashika Silva
    • Re: [Dbpedia-di... Hugh Williams
      • Re: [Dbpedi... Gunaratna, Dalkandura Arachchige Kalpa Shashika Silva
        • Re: [Db... Hugh Williams
          • Re:... Jona Christopher Sahnwaldt
            • ... Jona Christopher Sahnwaldt
              • ... Jona Christopher Sahnwaldt
                • ... Tom Morris
                • ... Gunaratna, Dalkandura Arachchige Kalpa Shashika Silva