Hi Gaurav,

On 02/25/2013 02:11 PM, gaurav pant wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have local sesame repository. I want to update this database
> repeatedly by syncing DBpedia provided live dumps.I am trying to write
> a program using open-sesame Java API.
>
> If we check the live dump , suppose for today
> (http://live.dbpedia.org/liveupdates/2013/02/25/12/) , than we will
> find that there are multiple added/removed files available for the
> same timestamps.Like 25-Feb-2013 12:00 timestamps there are around 16
> files.So in which sequence I need to import the file so that my local
> data will not be inconsistence.

Those are not the dump files, you can find the dump files at [1].
We create those dump files on monthly basis, and the users can use the
latest one as the starting point of synchronization.

The files under [2] are the changeset files, i.e. the diff files
resulting from comparing the newly extracted triples with the existing ones.
Those files are the ones used for synchronization.
The sync tool [3], we have developed, continuously downloads those
changeset files and use them to synchronize a DBpedia-Live mirror with
the official live endpoint.

> Also for inserting data , if I will directly import this dump to
> repository than it will create duplicate records rather than updating
> records.I am under such impression that there is no function available
> for bulk update/delete using the live update dump.
>
> Hence I am thinking to follow below approach.
>
> "Process the DBpedia update live dump line by line and insert/delete
> it into/from database using  INSERT DATA or DELETE DATA queries."

The sync tool mainly works with Virtuoso [4], but since it's open source
you can easily adapt it to work with Sesame if necessary.
You can find more information about DBpedia-Live at [5].

[1] http://live.dbpedia.org/dumps/
[2] http://live.dbpedia.org/liveupdates
[3] http://sourceforge.net/projects/dbpintegrator/files/
[4] http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/