On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 2:22 PM, Dimitris Kontokostas <jimk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi JC,
>
> Ok about the import script but, you mean that we don't need the modified
> mediawiki either?

I don't think we need the whole thing, just the three files that are
added/modified. In other words, we need
https://github.com/dbpedia/extraction-framework/tree/master/dump/src/main/mediawiki
but not
https://github.com/dbpedia/dbpedia/blob/master/abstractExtraction/mw-modified.tar.gz
. I think it's better to store just the modified files, not the whole
MediaWiki code. That also makes it easier to adapt the modifications
to a new MediaWiki version because it's obvious which files were
modified for DBpedia.

> About the documentation, I think that we should move all development-related
> documentation to github

I'm fine with that.

> I already ported a few stuff there
> https://github.com/dbpedia/extraction-framework/wiki/Extraction-Instructions

Cool! For now, I just added a link to
http://wiki.dbpedia.org/AbstractExtraction and added a "TODO" to both
pages that we should move the page to the github wiki.