Hi Julien

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Julien Plu <
julien....@redaction-developpez.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I saw few days ago that MediaWiki since one month allow to create
> infoboxes (or part of them) with Lua scripting language.
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Lua_scripting
>
> So my question is, if every data in the wikipedia infoboxes are in Lua
> scripts, DBPedia will still be able to retrieve all the data as usual ?

I think that there is some time untill all infoboxes start using Lua. Even
if they do we still don't know if it will be just for rendering or if it
will affect the actual data. This is very fresh so we'll have to wait a
while and see how it goes

> My other question is mainly concerned by Wikipedia FR, because I don't
> found the same thing in english, sorry. Since almost one year for the
> infobox population property we can do something like that :
>
> population = {{population number}}
>
> Where "population number" refer to a number which is on another page. Let
> me give you an example, the Wikipedia page about Toulouse city, contain
> this infobox property :
>
> | population         = {{Dernière population commune de France}}
>
> And the value of "Dernière population commune de France" is contained in
> this wikipedia page :
> http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mod%C3%A8le:Donn%C3%A9es/Toulouse/%C3%A9volution_population
>
> So now the problem is that in the xml dump we don't have the real value of
> the population so it exist a way to have the value and not the "string"
> which represent the value ?
>
> I hope that I was enough clear, otherwise don't hesitate to ask me some
> informations in more about these problems.

Tthe problem that you are describing is known but we were not aware that it
existed in infoboxes too.
We faced this when we needed to generate abstracts so we used a working
mediawiki clone of wikipedia to render them. Your case is more complicated
because we can't know in advance what needs to be rendered or not.

You should also talk with Julien Cojan, he is responsible the DBpedia in
french Chapter (fr.dbpedia.org). I guess he already faced similar issues.

Best,
Dimitris

> Thanks for your lights.
>
> Best regards.