On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 9:40 AM, Jona Christopher Sahnwaldt
<j...@sahnwaldt.de>wrote:

> thanks for the heads-up!
>
> On 5 April 2013 10:44, Julien Plu <julien....@redaction-developpez.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I saw few days ago that MediaWiki since one month allow to create
> infoboxes
> > (or part of them) with Lua scripting language.
> > http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Lua_scripting
> >
> > So my question is, if every data in the wikipedia infoboxes are in Lua
> > scripts, DBPedia will still be able to retrieve all the data as usual ?
>
> I'm not 100% sure, and we should look into this, but I think that Lua
> is only used in template definitions, not in template calls or other
> places in content pages. DBpedia does not parse template definitions,
> only content pages. The content pages probably will only change in
> minor ways, if at all. For example, {{Foo}} might change to
> {{#invoke:Foo}}. But that's just my preliminary understanding after
> looking through a few tuorial pages.

As far as I can see, the template calls are unchanged for all the templates
which makes sense when you consider that some of the templates that they've
upgraded to use Lua like Template:Coord
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Coord> are
used on almost a million pages.

Here are the ones which have been updated so far:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Lua-based_templates
Performance improvement looks impressive:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Dragons_flight/Lua_performance

Tom