Hi Sands,
as far as I know there is no strategy for extracting entity types for
elements in Wikipedia lists articles.
In my opinion it would be interesting to develop such an idea.

Main tasks would be:
- correctly identify lists articles (only based on article title?)
- extract elements from lists articles (all the wikilinks in the list
articles?)
- mapping of list context to a DBpedia type. That is possibly the hardest
part. Should NLP be used?

Maybe this could become a GSoC project.

Do you have any approach to propose?

BTW, looks like the Hydrogen article is using Infobox_hydrogen which is not
in the DBpedia mappings, hence no type is extracted for that entity.

Cheers
Andrea