j...@sahnwaldt.de> napisał(a) ----

j...@sahnwaldt.de> napisał(a) ----

>> > Well, but for data type property the returned value is None if the
definition is absent.

>> What do you mean by that?
>
> I ment this check [1], where None is returned.

"return None" means in this case that the whole property definition is
discarded, not just the range. We're in method loadOntologyProperty that
returns Option[PropertyBuilder], and at this point we return no
PropertyBuilder. The higher level code is controlled by this line:

for(property <- loadOntologyProperty(name, templateNode))

That's a Scala idiom that basically means "if loadOntologyProperty returns
Some(PropertyBuilder), unwrap it and do the following with it; otherwise
(i.e. loadOntologyProperty returns None) do nothing".

> But I haven't checked what happens on higher level and this might
actually lead to an omission of the property in the final OWL.

That's right. More precisely: the property is completely omitted from the
system, not just from the OWL. For example, template properties that are
mapped to this ontology property are omitted as well, IIRC.

JC

https://github.com/dbpedia/extraction-framework/blob/master/core/src/main/scala/org/dbpedia/extraction/ontology/io/OntologyReader.scala#L175