On 10/9/14 3:51 AM, johannes.heine...@orange.com wrote:

Hello

I'm observing a strange ( ?) behaviour on the dbpedia Sparql-endpoint, and I wonder whether this is due to the underlying data or to the Sparql-endpoint itself (virtuouso). Following the dumps of dbpedia 2014, the data seems OK though.

The query

select distinct * {

  dbpedia:Cicero <http://dbpedia.org/ontology/birthDate> ?o

}

Returns -043-12-07  (7^th of July 43 BC) which is what I expected. However

select distinct * {

  ?s <http://dbpedia.org/ontology/birthDate> ?o

filter(?o < "-43-01-01"^^xsd:date)

} limit 100

List all sorts of things (mainly persons though, but none with a birthdate before 43 BC). Browsing the dbpedia dumps I found several person born before 43 BC.

Does anybody know where this error comes from ?

Best regards

Johannes

Its in the data:

1. http://dbpedia.org/resource/Michael_Jordan